We are Hiring!!!
Experienced Security Installation / Service Technician needed.
Secure Systems currently has Installation / Service openings for team-oriented individuals. We are a growing security integrator looking to hire a full time seasoned physical security technician / programmer.
Most of our clients are in Maryland, but sometimes DC and VA work is required.
We are a fun, growing, fast paced organization, with a great team and client base. We service the commercial / industrial sector only, mostly medium to large businesses.
- Installation, programming, and servicing of electronic security, access control, IP CCTV systems, and related security products at customer sites.
- Completing small projects from start to finish
- Installation of cable and components according to electrical / industry / life safety / Code & Standards
- Presents a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
- Performs work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Maintains company property and documentation in accordance with established policies; handles proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adheres to and supports procedures including all safety requirements.
- Keeps up-to-date of changes and new developments in products and technology.
- Attends and completes training programs as requested.
- Perform scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it’s in satisfactory working order.
- Complete maintenance, within assigned hours, in a manner that reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero callbacks.
- Familiar with Avigilon, Axis, Lenel, and AMAG Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems.
- Installation and Servicing of: Avigilon, Lenel, Amag, Software House, Genetec, American Dynamics, Aiphone intercom and turnstiles or similar systems
- Must have good analytical and electronic troubleshooting skills and be proficient in the use of a digital multi meters and cabling testing equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security, or computer systems preferred
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control, CCTV, IP video surveillance systems.
- PC experience is required (Word, and Excel at a minimum)
- IP Video and IT / networking experience prefered
- Climb ladders that extend up to 28 ft. in height
- Carry items up to 75 pounds
- A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions is required.
Additional Job Duties of Technician:
- Provide daily work summary
- Ability to clearly discuss the projects with operations, as well as speak to clients
- Interface directly with clients on a regular basis
- Keep up your training in clerical work.
- Keep up industry training
- Keep up to date with NEC, NFPA & IBC codes
Skills / Traits Required for Position
- Be able to work on your own.
- Be reliable
- Clearly communicate with the client and office on daily work
- High Attention to detail
- Type at an adequate pace
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by customer
- Have experience on ladders / lifts
- Show up to work on time and wanting to work
- Manufacturer certifications
- Nicet Certification / OSHA safety training is a plus
- Must be capable of obtaining security clearance for government building access
- Clean driving record for past 3 years
- Highly competitive salary
- Company Vehicle
- Company Laptop
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Exceptional growth opportunities
- Bi-weekly pay with direct deposit
Job Type: Full-time
- CCTV: 5 years (Preferred)
- access control: 5 years (Required)
- security alarm: 5 years (Preferred)
Please respond to this with a resume and references /contact information of previous security companies you have worked at.
Please only serious inquires.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time